|Procedure Name||Procedure to request for Import License of Publications|
According to Law on Publications No. 05/NA, dated 09 December 2008, the import and export of publications are required to request for license from Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism.
Specific regulation that governs the import and export of publications is Decision on Procedures for Importation and Distribution of Publications No. 518/MICT, dated 13 June 2012.
Note: In order to provide a comprehensive explanation, we classify procedure into colors as followings:
- Blue Area: Action conducted by importer;
1. To request for Import License of Publications, importer shall prepare following documents:
- Request Letter (download here)
2. Importer submits all mentioned documents above and pay fee (100,000 kips) at Department of Publishing, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism (MOICT)
3. Department of Publishing, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism (MOICT) considers the request to issue “Import License of Publication” within 03 working days.
4. Import License (See sample here)
5. Importer declare with customs authority to import.
|Title||Description||Created Date||Updated Date||Issued By||Download|
|Request to Import/Export Books - Publications||Request to Import/Export Books - Publications||17-03-2017||17-03-2017||Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism|
|Guarantee Letter to Import/Export Publications||Guarantee Letter to Import/Export Publications||17-03-2017||17-03-2017||Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To|
|Import permit fee for books and publication||Duty/Tax Payable||Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism||Import permit fee for books and publication is 100,000kip/time||For state revenue collection||Edict on Fees and Service Charges No. 003/PO (Article 1 - 64)||31-12-9999|