|Procedure Name||Procedure to Request for Import License of Vehicle for Loan Projects|
According to Notification No.0076/MOIC.DIMEX dated 13 January 2012, the import and export of all type of road vehicles those operate by engine (except light truck with three wheels) are required to request for import license from Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
Specific regulation that governs the import and export of vehicle is Decision on the Procedures for Vehicle Import and Distribution in the Lao PDR No.0075/MOIC.DIMEX dated 13 January 2012.
To request for Import License of Vehicles for Loan Projects is required to make a request per import as follows:
1. Importer prepares documents for the application of Import License, which consists of:
- Request Letter (download here)
2. Importer pay fee (10,000 Kips) at Finance Division, Permanent Secretariat Office of Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MOIC). Then submit the receipt of this payment together with other documents mentioned above to the front desk office of Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
3. Department of Import and Export considers the application in 03 weekdays.
- If the application is correct, the department will sign and authenticate the Import License.
- If the application is incorrect, the department will notify the importer to re-submit the application.
4. Once the documents are complete and correct, Department of Import and Export will issue the Import License. (See sample here)
5. Importer collects the Import License of Vehicle for Loans Projects at Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
- When the importer obtains “Import License of Vehicle for Loan Projects”, the importer shall request for “Technical Approval” with Department of Transportation, Ministry of Public Works and Transportation (MPWT) except for the import of used heavy duty machine that already obtained the Technical Approval will not requires to obtain it again. See procedure to request for Technical Approval here.
- When obtained all mentioned documents above, the importer can proceed to request for tax exemption with finance sector.
|Title||Description||Created Date||Updated Date||Issued By|
|Request Letter||This form is used to request for Import License at Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.||25-01-2012||13-02-2017|
|Import License Application||Import License Application (Car, Petroleum, Fuel, Gas, Rough Diamond)||04-04-2016||13-03-2017|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document|
|No results found.|