|Procedure Name||Procedure to Request for Import License of Vehicle for Loan Projects|
According to Notification No.0076/MOIC.DIMEX dated 13 January 2012, the import and export of all type of road vehicles those operate by engine (except light truck with three wheels) are required to request for import license from Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
Specific regulation that governs the import and export of vehicle is Decision on the Procedures for Vehicle Import and Distribution in the Lao PDR No.0075/MOIC.DIMEX dated 13 January 2012.
Note: In order to provide a comprehensive explanation, we classify procedure into colors as followings:
- Blue Area: Action conducted by importer;
1. To request for Import License of Vehicle for Loan Projects, importer shall prepare following documents:
- Request Letter (download here)
2. Importer pay fee (10,000 Kips) at Finance Division, Permanent Secretariat Office of Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MOIC). Then submit the receipt of this payment together with other documents mentioned above to the front desk office of Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
3. Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce considers the request to issue “Import License of Vehicle for Loan Projects” immediately or not exceeding 03 working days.
4. Import License (See sample here)
5. When importer obtains “Import License of Vehicle for Loan Projects”, the importer shall request for “Technical Approval” with Department of Transportation, Ministry of Public Works and Transportation (MPWT). Except for the import of used heavy duty machine that already obtained the Technical Approval.
- See procedure to request for Technical Approval here.
6. When obtained all mentioned documents above, importer can proceed to request for tax exemption with finance sector.
7. Importer declares with customs authority to import.
|Title||Description||Created Date||Updated Date||Issued By||Download|
|Request Letter||This form is used to request for Import License at Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.||25-01-2012||13-02-2017||Ministry of Industry and Commerce|
|Import License Application||Import License Application (Car, Petroleum, Fuel, Gas, Rough Diamond)||04-04-2016||13-03-2017||Ministry of Industry and Commerce|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To|
|No results found.|